ANNOUNCEMENT: we are teaching a Decal Workshop in Brooklyn, NY this August.
We provide Decal sheets for artists to transfer and fire images onto ceramic surface and glass for interior and exterior application. There is no minimum- you can order one sheet or 100. We do not charge for Color translation.
Each decal sheet is comprised of images, photographs, drawings, illustrations- anything you dream up.
FILE SETUP REQUIREMENTS.
1. The file format you send should be a .tif or .psd file.
So prepare your file in a software program like PHOTOSHOP.
we do not accept word documents; pdf's tend to be inaccurate sizewise; jpgs can adversely affect image quality;
please send only .tifs or psd...use our upload link NOT email.
2. Set up a page in Photoshop that is 10 inches x 15.5 inches,
or 15.5 inches x 10 inches, at 300 Resolution, use color mode RGB.At times, receive sheets in CMYK mode. These will be translated as is. Your images will make a more accurate translation IF sent RGB.
3. Place as many images as can fit inside 10 x 15.5 area. Use every bit of it. The back of the decal is what is adhered to the substrate- so for glass typically there is no need to flip your text.
4. Flatten the page into just one layer- background is fine. The background will now be white- since our process does not print white, that background will end up being your substrate- either glass or glazed ceramic.
5. Save as YOUR LAST NAME1.tif ; YOUR LAST NAME2.tif; YOUR LAST NAME3.tif & so on.
6. Below you can use the link to UPLOAD your files to us. This option also on the Receipt page available after placing your order. If you do choose to upload now from this link, before placing your order...once you see the request to upload at the receipt page- YOU WILL NEED TO TYPE SOMETHING INTO that DIALOGUE box. i.e. files already uploaded! Otherwise you will not be able to move on and complete your transaction.
** IF YOU HAVE SET up your file correctly (300dpi, RGB, size 10x15.5in. and flattened it) the file size should be right around 38 MB. Check this before sending- if it is not - chances are your resolution is too low. This will result in subpar print quality. Though we try our best to contact you, ultimately you are responsible for the quality of files you send us.
We encourage you to send a print ready page. For those who are truely computer “challenged” we offer a file set-up service. The minimum charge is $50 for basic page set-up.